I'm not trying to be a hero! I'M FIGHTING THE DRAGON!!

Just a poll on the presidential special olympics 2012 | Politics? | Forum

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Just a poll on the presidential special olympics 2012
Cassidy
Members
May 29, 2012 - 10:57 pm
Forum Posts: 55
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Who are you leaning towards backing in the 2012 presidential election?

a) Barack Obama

b) Mitt Romney

c) Doesn't matter since both are the same

d) Third Party/Independent/Write-in vote

e) Undecided

JSixfingers
Members
May 29, 2012 - 11:07 pm
Forum Posts: 13
Cassidy
Members
May 30, 2012 - 1:45 am
Forum Posts: 55
Griff
Members
May 30, 2012 - 1:53 am
Forum Posts: 121
Mouth
Members
May 30, 2012 - 1:57 am
Forum Posts: 42

I've been a big Biden fan since I first started following American politics at the federal level 10 years ago, so 

a's my answer.  I'm also a fan of Bullseye Barry's foreign policy.  http://nyti.ms/KDgpCA

Image Enlarger

Jeans With Denim
Members
June 1, 2012 - 9:29 pm
Forum Posts: 3

A, unapologeticly. 

It's kind of sad when the man in charge of the country seems like an underdog with the way people talk about him. When George Bush was President, you said one thing in criticism, and they'd stone you for hating America and tell you to get out of here. Now those same people keep talking about how awful the President is, how he's a secret Muslim born in Kenya, and/or how he's ruined the economy, completely ignoring the eight years preceding. 

The dude is the new FDR, in my eyes... he has flaws - god knows many flaws -, but at least he gets that spending is the only way out of economic dips, and understands that gutting social programs makes no one better off. I can't say the same thing for his opposition, whose only concerns seem to be denying poor people and minorities as much as possible while feeding the increasingly unnecessary military industrial complex.

I can't in good conscience vote Republican, and frankly fail to see how anyone can right now after the Bush years, and the 2010 congress. It certainly wasn't Obama and his party that has failed to compromise or try to move the country forward... none of them have taken a hardline stance on issues like their opposition has, after all. 

And come on, he might be extra-judicially murdering people via drone, but at least he's showing consistent results in his foreign policy. We have been horribly torturing people for a decade with nothing to show for it, and sadly continue to do so because states denied the transfer of the Guantamo prisoners (which I don't think Barry can be faulted with, because if he did anything to oppose state governor's decisions on the issue, he'd be crucified for denying 'state's rights,' which would be politically a terrible move... though morally the correct one.) Bin Laden's dead, and Libya was nearly bloodless for the US while being a total success. Compare George Bush's foreign policy achievements to Obama's. However, that isn't to say that it's okay for Obama to be killing American citizens abroad via remote controlled drone and passing laws that make it okay for US citizens to be denied trial on the grounds that they may be an enemy, and it certainly is not okay to keep habeas corpus suspended for now over 10 years, and I hope that in the second term he will put an end to it. I have no such hopes for any Republican president, simply because they've shown no evidence that they would be willing to do so. 

It's very interesting, really, to be seeing a pretty clear turn around in terms of Democratic mettle in foreign policy. For a long time it always seemed to me that Democrats weren't the best at it: LBJ's Vietnam policy, Carter's awful luck, Kennedy's Bay of Pigs... but Bill Clinton really started to turn them around. Maybe it's just luck, and these are individual aberrations, but either way, the showing's good. I don't understand how Karl Rove thinks he can convince anyone that Obama's "bragging" about killing Bin Laden is a negative: Mission Accomplished is a great juxtaposition.

Blah blah blah, basically.

Mr. Subtlety
Members
June 18, 2012 - 1:22 pm
Forum Posts: 45

I think it's worth saying that it honestly won't make much different who the president is if we can't get a better congress. Even if Barry O gets four more years, we won't get to see a single domestic policy implemented unless the tea part bites it hard this election cycle, which frankly doesn't look likely at all. It's congress which has completely ground the American political process into the ground, but here's the kicker -- when the government doesn't work, Republicans actually benefit because they get to claims that government is the problem. So they get to make as big a wreck as they want, and they'll get nothing but praise from their base until they finally get power back and can begin doing as this wish again.

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 1199

Currently Online:
12 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Original... Paul: 227

RRA: 203

ShootMcKay: 154

renfield: 141

CJ Holden: 128

Griff: 121

Stu: 111

Charles: 80

neal2zod: 66

RBatty024: 60

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 10557

Moderators: 0

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 12

Topics: 337

Newest Members:

alinaamanda121, hpr220, saracanaday225, flipdiving, Nathantus, JD Webs, DanielleWe, Janice R. Mitchell, gbalychik, Marcoxr3

Administrators: clubside: 23, VERN: 26