Our boy Scott Adkins got dissed recently when they put out a set of character posters for this summer’s EXPENDABLES 2: YOU’RE EXCITED EVEN THOUGH YOU KNOW BETTER. Even Liam Hemsworth and Nan Yu got their own posters, but not Boyka (who apparently plays Van Damme’s knife-expert henchman Hector).
I guess we weren’t the only ones that noticed, because (as reported a couple days ago on Twitch) Lionsgate has now released an Adkins as Hector poster.
So here’s the poster:
and I’m sure you’ve all seen the new trailer:
I know some of you wanted a place to discuss that. I don’t have time right now to go through shot by shot like I did on the teaser, but a couple points:
1. Action doesn’t look shaky from what they show
2. Did Statham mention to Stallone that he already did that finger gun gag in CRANK? (or maybe CRANK 2, I can’t remember)
3. I like the ridiculous “man and knife” line, but I think we can all agree it would work better if Arnold said it
4. Still not enough Couture
5. I’m glad they figured out that it was important for the names to be made out of metal and for them to be slammed onto the screen with a loud clank
6. Probly the most heavily armed movie logo of all time
7. Kind of disappointing that the logo doesn’t explode and send shrapnel, mortally wounding other trailers
VERN has been reviewing movies since 1999 and is the author of the books SEAGALOGY: A STUDY OF THE ASS-KICKING FILMS OF STEVEN SEAGAL, YIPPEE KI-YAY MOVIEGOER!: WRITINGS ON BRUCE WILLIS, BADASS CINEMA AND OTHER IMPORTANT TOPICS and NIKETOWN: A NOVEL. His horror-action novel WORM ON A HOOK will arrive later this year.